Tuesday, May 30, 2017

An Engagement Brunch


Last week, I had the privilege of hosting a brunch
in honor of my sweet sister-in-law, Kyra,
who recently got engaged!
We are so excited for her and Nick, and can't wait to celebrate with them in just a few months!


Bridgette (another sister-in-law!) planned the event and would have hosted,
but her baby was born just a week and a half earlier!
So I let her do the hard work of planning the menu, since that's not my expertise,
and I got to decorate. (Don't tell her, but I clearly got the better end of the deal!😉)


I had fun making these watercolor verse cards for each place. 



It was so special having Polly there to celebrate with us!
She and Joe made the trip to VA for Liz' graduation, so it was the perfect time to be together.
Aren't these girls just beautiful?!


I gathered some stems of greenery to lay down the center of the table.
I love that it is simple, but gives impact!


And there were just enough peonies, irises and roses left in the flowerbeds to make a bouquet!


This picture captures the joy of the morning so well!
Is there anything better than good friends, laughter and good food?!
Oh, and a brand-new baby! She was pretty much the center of attention. 😍


The sisters pitched in to help make the food, and it was oh-so-delicious!


I attempted making pavlova, because I've been dreaming of it ever since Amy introduced me to it years ago!
It didn't look like the picture on Pinterest, but it ended up being delicious! I can't wait to try making it again. Maybe I'll get brave next time and make a lemon curd to go along with it!


Even the children got in on the party! We heard them praying, and I ran for my camera, but didn't get there in time to capture that moment! I think they had as much fun as we did. 😊


Iced coffee over ice cream? Yes, please!


And here is the glowing bride-to-be! She's such a beautiful soul, and I'm glad I get to call her family.


This photo was taken by Hadassah! I was impressed that she got us all in the picture, even though some of us weren't looking at the camera or smiling!


This may be the sweetest photo of the morning!


Happy week, friends! xoxo, Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment