Thursday, April 18, 2013

They Call it Nesting!


I've been in full-fledged housecleaning mode the last month.
Not just the typical spring cleaning,
but a get-in-the-corners and clean-every-nook-and-cranny-before-this-baby-arrives kind of cleaning!
Everyone smiles and says "You're nesting!" 
I kept wanting to say "Yeah, right...I do this every year."
But honestly.
There are rooms and closets that I never had time to touch before
that have finally become organized.
I'm not ashamed to open the doors!
That, my friends, is saying something!!
I feel such relief to get this behind me, before I'm no longer able to bend over.
I want to enjoy the last two months of my pregnancy,
and not spend every waking minute scrubbing every surface of my house!
But I'm not holding my breath.
You'll likely see me on my ladder two weeks before the baby arrives,
cleaning every window within an inch of its life!

And at that point, I'll have to agree:
I'm nesting!!!

1 comment:

  1. That was me in the months before my baby was born. I'm a neat freak anyway, but really kicked it into high gear! Like a newborn was going to lick the knobs on the stove, but just in case I removed them all and gave them a good soak in hot water and vinegar! I found your blog from Blogelina.

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete