Monday, March 5, 2012

Personalized Coffee Mugs

It was my favorite sister's birthday request....
personalized coffee mugs!
Because I love her, I made 4 for her!
And she loves them.
They make her coffee taste better.  
I'm happy!

The cast of characters:
1. glossy white mugs
2. porcelain marker
3. an oven



There's something lovely about a simple white mug. I'm about to take it to the next degree of loveliness!


I found one of her favorite short sayings, and wrote a line on each mug.


The instructions on the marker say to allow to dry for 24 hours, but I thought 16 hours was long enough! (= 
[it's probably better to err on the 24 hr side!]
Then bake at 400 degrees for 30 min to set the paint.


That's it folks!!!
Are they not adorable??!!
She's already asking me to personalize some soup mugs.
But first, I think I need me some like this(=


"Dance like nobody's watching;
Love like you've never been hurt.
Sing like there's nobody listening;
Live like it's heaven on earth!"

8 comments:

  1. love this idea! I have two white mugs like those already, so I just may have to try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should! i'd love to see how they turn out (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rubs, this is a fantastic project!
    xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. the new blog design is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these quotes! I need more examples of sayings to give out for Christmas and I am having trouble with coming up with them. Were can I look for ideas? Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for high quality canvas prints to decorate your wall space? We have an exclusive collection of read made canvas prints, You will find our canvas prints vibrant and stunningly beautiful for your homes and offices.
    Photo Mugs
    Photo Canvas
    Photo To Canvas
    Canvas Prints
    Personalized Photo Mugs

    ReplyDelete