Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Rustic Glam Thanksgiving Tablescape

Thanksgiving is such a special time of year, remembering God's goodness to us
and giving thanks back to Him.
It's also a chance to spend time with the people we love and eat some turkey, dressing and pumpkin pie!


Typically, we travel to PA to celebrate with my family,
but we are staying home this year and planning a quiet celebration with some close friends.


I got inspired to put together a Thanksgiving tablescape, since we are hosting a lunch here!
Other than a bouquet of carnations and a few pears that I picked up at the store, 
I used what I had on hand.
The end result was a rustic-glam styled table.


I layered a lace tablecloth on a solid white,
and repeated that pattern with the plates: white round on white square.
The cloth napkins were a gift from my sister-in-law years ago, and I thought they went well with the autumn colors.
 

For my centerpiece, I carved a hole in the top of a white pumpkin just large enough for a clear plastic container to fit into. I added greens from our bushes outside to fill out the arrangement.
The antique silver platter came from a yard sale, and I love how it dresses up the table!


The antique deer candleholder is another find from my Embellish friends. 
Isn't it cute?!


The personalized name tags were a fun finishing touch.


To me, a beautiful table is more than just the decorations. It symbolizes warmth and fellowship,
a place to gather and make memories.
For this, I give thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment