Monday, February 11, 2019

Tirzah's First Birthday









One month ago, we celebrated Tirzah's first birthday!
It's hard to believe that if she had arrived on her due date, we would have had a party this past weekend instead!


What's even harder to believe is that this tiny 5 pound 12 ounce bundle of pure sweetness is now an active, determined curly-headed toddler!
This first birthday celebration always contains so many emotions for me.


But the strongest emotion I always feel is JOY!
These little ones are such a gift, even though not every moment of that first year feels like it.
There are plenty of highs and lows, sleepless nights and milestones to celebrate.


My husband always jokes with me that the party is more for me than for the baby!
I just smile and say that he's probably right.
Getting through the first year of life with a baby feels like a pretty big deal to me! 😄


I had some (unrealistic) dreams of making a naked smash cake for her party.
It looked incredible...in my head!
Turns out, cakes have to be basically perfect if they're not going to be covered with icing. 
And mine never are!


I ended up just frosting a simple cake and adding flowers and this gold topper that my sister-in-law loaned to me.
I think Tirzah was just fine with it! 😊


This "first year stats" board was so fun to create!
After making some for a friend's twins, I decided I wanted the same thing at her party.


I made these vanilla cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting, and Eddie declared they were the best cupcakes he's ever had! 
I call that a win.


We planned a big party with both of our families and some friends.
The day of the party, there was a big snowstorm in the forecast.
And snow it did!!
After having two birthdays during the summer/early fall season, I'm still getting used to the challenges of winter celebrations!

Thankfully, my parents were able to make it here safely before the storm hit us.
Judging by the photo, you'd never know that some of us were happy,
but we really were so glad to have both sets of parents here to celebrate with us!


I love this picture of our happy little birthday girl! She was clapping her hands and enjoying all the attention that a one-year-old gets at their party. 😍


Earlier in the day, she was taking quite a few steps, to the delight of her grandparents and family!


Tirzah loved the icing on her cake, but she didn't actually do much smashing...
...not until she had some "help"!


I think her siblings ate more of it than she did!
(Notice the fingers in her brother's mouth!)


As you can see, she's often the center of attention around here! 
  

This is her "Why-did-you-take-away-my-cake" face!


It's amazing how much extra love one little person can bring to a family!
She's our feisty little snuggle-bug,
so determined, yet so sweet.


She's fearless, which has caused her mama more than a little stress.
She loves to climb the stairs, clean out the cupboards and go fishing in the toilet. (Why??!!)


She loves to dance, play the piano, and "sings" loudly when she hears us singing.
It's so fun to hear her say "Mom!" and chatter "Papa" when she hears his voice on the phone!


She's the delight of our family, and we love her so much!
Happy birthday, Tirzah Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment