Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thrifty Thursday ~ Fun Fall Craft

One of the benefits of being a SAH mom is having a little extra time to do fun crafty projects! [Well, that does depend on whether baby is happy or not, but naps are a perfect time to fit these in (=] The other week I was inspired to decorate for fall and came up with a simple garland that cost me $0!!! And it's ridiculously easy to make, which is important for this not-so-detailed girl!




You need some autumn-colored cardstock, patterned paper and white paper, along with ribbon [or twine, which I used] and clothespins. I got the pumpkins at Michael's last year. You could buy them using the 40% off coupons they offer every few weeks.




Cut your solid-colored cardstock to the finished size and then glue a slightly smaller piece of the patterned paper onto it. I added an even smaller piece of white paper and wrote my letter onto this. If you don't like writing, you could use a stencil or sticker instead. All you need to do now is hang your ribbon/twine, pin on the letters and attach the pumpkins!




This would also work great on a mantle and could be made to any size you choose!



Now I'd love to hear about your fall decoration inspiration!

1 comment: