Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Week 1: Updated Mantel

As we approach Thanksgiving, I've been inspired by all of my friends who've taken the 31 days of Thankfulness challenge. Their comments on what they are grateful for is a beautiful reminder to live in constant gratitude. So, with that in mind, I decided to post a 4 week series featuring all things Thanksgiving! You in?? Let's get this party started!

 
My mantle was a source of frustration to me for quite a few weeks! After a few quiet hours on Sunday afternoon, I felt ready to tackle it again...and was much happier with the finished product!
 
 
This pear-shaped object is simply a light bulb wrapped in jute!
 
 
I used the same technique for an apothecary bottle that I had on hand, for a bit of a rustic vibe.

 
A friend gave me lots of miniature pumpkins, so I decided to have some fun decorating them. A few I sprayed in an ivory color...
 
 
...others were coated in a metallic cappuccino color. I tied lace around the middle of this pumpkin, and lifted it off to reveal this cute pattern!
 
 
The whole mantle, completed with a cozy fire! What do you think?
 
I have been an avid follower of Ann Voskamp for quite some time now, and found the quote I wrote on the chalkboard from her blog.
"Thankfulness is the deep, contented breath of peacefulness".
I need this today;
the reminder to live in thankfulness.
No matter what happens in the nation,
or in my personal life,
I have so much to be grateful for!!
 
Praying you live in the peace that thankfulness brings...Ruby
 


1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the pumpkins! That is such a good quote, thankfulness is key to the good life.

    ReplyDelete