Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Brunch for the Girls


A brunch with dear friends is one of my very favorite things!
Warmth.
Intimacy.
Laughter.


And food!
This chai tea latte is one of my favorite winter drinks...delicious & soothing! 


There were marshmallows, dipped in white chocolate and crushed candy canes.
We forgot all about them until we were done drinking our lattes!! ha


I found some beautiful table napkins & rings that I'd received as a Christmas present two years ago, and still hadn't used! It was about time, don't you think?


There were candles. You can never burn too many, can you? The ambiance is wonderful.


And the food. Oh, my!
This lovely cinnamon roll wreath was made by my sister-in-law, Bridgette.
It didn't disappoint, let me tell you!


Amelia made these delicious spinach/egg quiches...so good!!


Did I mention that there was also sausage gravy with biscuits, stuffed french toast casserole
 and fresh fruit? And the girls made most of that! Yup, I have the best friends.


But those things pale in comparison to the memories we made,
the laughter we shared
and the heart-to-heart chats we had.
I am so bummed that I didn't get a picture of the girls.
They truly are a gift to me!
Thank you each for the role you play in my life.
You make Christmas an even more beautiful thing!

***

And one last thought:
A friend & I were chatting about Christmas, and all that we love most about it,
and he made a statement that rocked my world.
"The thing I am most excited about this Christmas
is hearing from God!"
I love that.
And it's my prayer, that I would be still and truly listen to the One Who sent His Son
to be my Saviour.
That is a cause for celebration!
Merry Christmas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment