Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking Back: Best Moments of 2012

Another year is history: gone, but for pictures and memories! 2012 was another unforgettable year, filled to the brim with challenges, joys, growth & change. But isn't that the story of life? A blending of the good and the bad, woven together into a thing of beauty by the Creator. I love that!

So you wanna join me in my reminiscing? I promise not to take up more than an hour of your time!

Most Enjoyable: Our Anniversary trip to Sanibel Island in Florida! The weather was perfect, the beach heavenly, and we enjoyed it all with some dear friends!!


Most Rewarding: Completing two 5k runs, both times while pushing Hadassah in the stroller! No, I didn't break any world records, but I was happy with my time considering the circumstances. Doing it with friends made it a lot more fun!


Most Challenging: Adjusting to my role as a full-time mommy, for sure! Even though the change hasn't been easy, I still think it's the best job in the world!!


Most Tedious: Sewing look-alike dresses for Hadassah & I was a top priority for my first Mother's Day! I'd forgotten just how stressful it can be, and will think twice before I attempt it again!! {wait. I have fabric in my cupboard...for more dresses!}


Most Life-Changing: Our youth trip to Jamaica touched me in the deepest ways. Ministering to kids who have so little broke my heart and opened my eyes to the needs around me. 


Most Crazy: Yes, we dressed up like cows for a lunch at Chick-fil-A! Did I feel crazy walking in looking like this? You bet!! But I'll probably do it again next year!


Most Surprising: The birthday dinner my husband planned for me at Olive Garden, even arranging for my family from PA and some friends to join us!! {I think I screamed. And maybe got overly excited! It was awesome.}


Most Creative: A Barn Sale event, featuring local artisans, and put on by some of my friends & I was a highlight and pushed me to get my creativity on!


Most Memorable: Our baby girl's first birthday was a wonderful celebration, complete with family & friends. We are so blessed to have this little ray of sunshine in our home!

                                  

Most Sibling Weddings in One Year: At least, for the Showalter family! Jeff & Bridgette got married in February, and Craig & Jessica, in November. That's alot of love, people!!! We can only hope there's a little more time before the next one rolls around :)



Most Addicting Food: Deep-fried oreos!! Oh, my. Eat them once, and you'll never be the same again. Literally!


Most Precious: Watching Papa with his little girl. It melts my heart!!


So that's some of the best moments of my year; what were some of yours? 

Happy New Year, everybody!!!

1 comment:

  1. What amazing memories and events! It was so special to welcome Amiah into our family this year! The barn sale was also a highlight! I'm looking forward to all 2013 has to offer!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete