Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Word for the Year

The beginning of a new year always makes me introspective.
I love to remember
I like to think about where I've been and where I'm headed.
I like to have goals to work towards, even if they get a little lost in the shuffle of life!
Last year, I chose one word that summed up my purpose. 
It was worship.
As I discussed my "word for the year" with my sister-in-law, suddenly I knew what it would be!

TRUST.

In times of change, difficulty and grief, I struggle to trust that my Father knows best. 
That He cares.
But in the past few months, I've felt Him asking me to simply choose to trust.
I won't always understand.
It won't always be easy.
And sometimes, it will hurt.
But He has my good in mind and loves me with a love that I can't fathom!
So, with His help, I choose to open my heart and trust.





What is your word for 2012? I'd love to hear it!

3 comments:

  1. I wished we could have discussed this sort of thing more today! It's so good to evaluate and process the past year to move forward with deeper purpose into the next. I usually have a phrase that somehow resonates with me and i haven't taken my time yet to write it down. we'll have to save it for a discussion in the near future. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Abide" - Also along the lines you shared, I want to "abide" in Christ this year like never before, and truly search for what it means to ' abide with Christ!'
    Happy New Year, friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from Layla's party-glad to meet you-stop over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete