Thursday, June 21, 2012

World-View Wednesday: Sadie Rose Foundation 5k

As you can see, I'm a day behind; I just wanted to clear that up before you wonder why I'm posting for Wednesday on a Thursday! This week has been so busy; with VBS at church, packing for a trip to Indiana and taking care of a teething baby. But I wanted to share a few pics of the 5k I participated in last Saturday, along with several friends.

The Sadie Rose Foundation was started by Regina Harlow, after she lost her daughter, Sadie Rose, 17 hours after she was born. The heart of this ministry is to reach out to grieving families who've experienced similar loss. I love seeing how Regina is allowing God to use her to touch the lives of others that are hurting! When I heard that they were having a 5k, I knew I wanted to be a part of it. But I thought that my friend, Krista {who lost her sweet son,Truman, 3 months ago} would appreciate the experience even more, so I asked her if she'd join me...and she said she would!



Then I invited a few more friends, and Team Truman was formed! Pictured L to R: Jessica, Krista, Rachel, me, Christy, Sheila, Karana, Amy & Polly. It was a fun day, but bittersweet as we remembered and honored Truman's short life.


We wrote "Team Truman" on the back of our t-shirts, so we attempted a picture to show this. As you can see, you can't see it! ha. Oh well...


It was fun to run this with 2 other mommies: one of them, with a 3 week old baby! Go Amy!!


We all walked/jogged/ran the 3.1 miles and it was just a bit challenging. The information about the walk mentioned "rolling hills in Dayton", and it was most definitely that! Yeah, like maybe I didn't run at all on the one. It was a test of endurance! (= As I saw other people running way ahead of me, I decided the point is not so much how fast you run, but just that you do it!!!


Hadassah & I completed the race in 34 minutes! It was wonderful to reach the finish line (= I was so grateful to be a part of this event, and hope that many more hearts can find comfort in the support this ministry offers.

Bless you all!!

                

1 comment:

  1. i am so impressed! 34 minutes is awesome while pushing a stroller...pretty sure i haven't been able to do that yet ;)
    what a wonderful way to remember little truman...wish i could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete