Thursday, August 8, 2013

Peach-Apricot Jam

With a newborn baby in the house, and no garden planted [aka: no weeds to pull...yay!], I didn't have high aspirations for canning this year. But since I have a kind MIL who has a great canning setup [and the help to go along with it!], my freezer is stocked with sweet corn and the shelves are full of beans, salsa and pizza sauce.
Canning, in itself, has never been my job of choice. I distinctly recall making loud statements about how I would never do canning when I grew up! My wise mother calmly responded that I didn't need to when I had my own home. Of course, that all changed when it was my home and responsibility!
Even though I don't always love the process, I appreciate the results and hope to one day teach my daughter to do it as well. I can only hope she is smarter than I was!
When I had an abundance of ripe peaches to use last week, I decided to try making some peach jam. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits and this jam didn't disappoint! The apricot flavor complimented the peaches beautifully and the recipe was easy to prepare.


Peach-Apricot Jam

6 cups crushed peaches
6 cups sugar
2 cups crushed pineapple

Combine in saucepan and cook 20 minutes.

1 (3 oz) pkg apricot jello
1 (1 3/4 oz) pkg Sure Jell

Add, and cook 2 minutes, Pour into jars and seal.


Now I need to make some homemade bread to put the jam on...yummy! What's your favorite jam?

1 comment:

  1. Ruby... this looks and sounds delicious!! My family loves strawberry & grape. I love black raspberry. :)

    ReplyDelete