Thursday, January 30, 2014

In the Bleak Mid-winter


Snow.
It transforms an otherwise barren world into a thing of dazzling beauty,
especially at sunrise!


I slipped outside for a few minutes before the little people woke up to take some pictures.
Oh, that light!!


The quiet morning beauty was food for my soul.


And this little cutie wanted to join in the fun!


As much work as it is to get little people dressed up to go outside,
I'm deciding it's worth it.


Fresh air is one of the best tonics for the blues!
Even if there is a pile of wet clothes on the floor after we come back inside.


I'm one of the lucky ones.
I get to stay in my cozy house, and enjoy the beauty.
My farmer husband isn't quite so fortunate!


Somebody is waiting anxiously for a promised sled ride!


I'll admit, I wasn't too disappointed that I got out of pulling a sled! 
Although, admittedly, it is good exercise
especially when you're wearing your husband's boots 
because you have none that work in the snow.


Auntie Liz is her hero!
They went sledding and made snow angels!


In the meantime, I had some fun of my own.


Everything looks different with a blanket of snow covering it!


The cozy place we call HOME.


A sleigh would be perfect on these roads!




And since we love snow so much, we made some snowflakes for the wall.
Hadassah thought it was great fun to cut paper!


And I made the art because I needed the reminder
To live in the moment, and to trust.
I find beauty in the bleakness of winter 
and strength for the moment
if I can stop
&
rest.

Be still
And know that I am God. Ps 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment