Friday, September 11, 2015

A Weekend at the Homestead

A few weeks ago, Eddie & I accompanied our friends and business associates
to the Homestead in Warm Springs, VA
for a business trip.


Our first stop was the shooting range.


This guy has some serious talent with a gun! I would have been happy to just sit and watch him do his thing.


But he wanted me to give it a try, too. I was fairly certain I would embarrass him badly enough that he'd never ask me to shoot a gun again!
I actually surprised myself, and made him proud :)

Eddie made it his responsibility to give me lessons on how to carry a gun properly. #amateur



We had a blast!
(Maybe, just maybe I'll shock  him and suggest a sporting clays date night!)


The view from the lodge was beautiful!


And the flowers were gorgeous.


I think I could live at this hunting lodge.


More gorgeousness


Our room at the Homestead


A year and a half ago, we stayed at The Homestead for our anniversary, and had purchased the romance package. Somehow, we never got that, but they refunded us and offered us a free upgrade when we came again. I decided to call them and see if it was still available. They asked if we wanted a king-size bed in an executive suite, and of course I said yes! The couple we went with had made reservations in another wing for the only available rooms, and those had double beds.
I had no problem taking this!


And if I could have, I would have brought the entire bathroom along home with me!



The Homestead is full of history and charm. It was originally built in the late 1700's, next to the famous hot springs that many presidents visited.


The grounds are beautifully landscaped.


While Eddie was in a business meeting, I strolled around the massive property and admired the beauty.


They were hosting a festival on the grounds, complete with a live band that played some famous Alabama numbers.


I can't get over this place.


Another view from the hill


This apricot tart was fabulous!


Another favorite part of the weekend was the morning run Eddie & I went on together! I could totally get used to doing that. 


We persuaded the guys to join us for high tea at 3 o'clock.


If you visit the Homestead, you must have tea! They serve a variety of scones and tea sandwiches along with hot tea and coffee, while a pianist plays music in the background.


But the best part of the weekend was just being with him. 


1 comment:

  1. Awww! Looks fabulous! So glad you got to spent time with him!

    ReplyDelete